Aug 11, 2012 - Day # 4

Day 4: Today's been an emotional day, but I imagine that is over due. Feeling more fragile and I am super ready for the drains to be gone. I absolutely detest them and have nothing nice to say about drains (long tubes inserted into the breast envelop where the breast used to reside. These tubes come out of the skin on the side of your breast and on the end of the tube sits a bulb that collects all the drainage from inside the breast. Every few hours the bulbs must be emptied into a cup to measure the output. I currently have two drains, one on each side). It also seems I underestimated with my super optimistic personality how much recovery was in my future. I can't imagine how women with breast cancer do it all at the same time. Chemo + surgery. I'm working to be grateful for the one and not having to deal with the other. This is just one big ball of not so much fun.

Missing my sister and mom and all the humor they brought to the house. So grateful they were here the past few days. Day #4 of Trading in the Tatas. Short sweet and to the point, it's all I can muster today.


Click  www.tradinginthetatas.blogspot.com to access other posts. 

1 comment:

Sally McCollum said...



MaryAnn Stone Sibley and YOU are a trooper too! it's official...you are totally allowed and given "permission" to be as emotional as you need to be. This is huge! I see that you continue to move forward and I am inspired by your strength, your beauty, your faith and your heart. praying
August 11 at 3:54pm · Like

Sally Moore McCollum Baby steps. Small grace, mercy, and miracle covered baby steps! Totally do-able, but an worry all the same. Hoping Ron Is surviving as well as he seems on the outside.
August 11 at 3:58pm via mobile · Like

Christina Balsamo Heir Sally, you are one of the strongest (and most optimistic) women I know. Hang in there. You are covered in prayer.
August 11 at 4:52pm via mobile · Like

Sally Moore McCollum Thanks, Chris! I'm trying! (why did i sign up for this exactly????) LOL. Oh yeah, to keep from getting breast cancer.
August 11 at 4:56pm via mobile · Like · 1

Maria Eckard You're in my prayers!
August 11 at 5:08pm via mobile · Like

Kelly O'Melia Sally, Your strength and courage are certainly an inspiration to me. Praying things get easier with each passing day.
August 11 at 5:09pm via mobile · Like · 1

Content Truelove You can do it. I think we all need to have a sad day now and again. You deserve a few of them. Love you and will come see you soon!
August 11 at 8:49pm · Like

Jolene Leirer Dombek You can do it. You are in my prayers! And I agree you do have a super optimistic personality! Plus you are naturally Beautiful!!!
August 11 at 9:32pm · Like

Amy Stocki What an inspiration you are! Praying the drains are over with soon.
August 12 at 12:15am · Like