August 8, 2015 - Post Op Day 2 - Reviving the Sock Trend

I've learned when I ask you for specific prayer focus, you come through with flying colors. Yesterday, it was pain control and excess fluid accumulation. You came through for me! Thank you. I think I peed an entire ocean last night, and today we can really see the difference. My hands are no longer painful and the swelling is coming down. While I can now feel Sir Gregory (the drain), it is still way better than it has been in previous surgeries. So we celebrate that win.  I am having some skin breakdown under the surgical vest where the seams meet my skin, but we will get that all salved (ya'll know I hate the word salve) up in no time and it should only cause some irritation that will hopefully go away when I get into a softer sports bra. Ron and I got a little chuckle when we started grabbing running socks and shoving them under the bra seams. I thought the days of stuffing bras with socks ended years ago. = ) But alas, we revived the trend and you would have laughed at the outcome. One striped sock here, one polka dot sock there. But boy did they do the trick, at least temporarily saving me from the seams.

So I now need to shift your prayers to nausea which hit me like a 95 mph truck this morning out of no where. I sat down to eat breakfast and I didn't even get the first bite before Ron was running for the bucket. Massive hot and cold flashes coming in waves. So we have delayed the surgical vest removal and shower until that subsides. I didn't want to be in a shower when that hits me again and it is really zapping of my energy reserves. The shower is tough enough for me I didn't want to add that to the picture. I think the amazing anti nausea regimen we used yesterday just finally wore off. Thankfully I had some left over phenergan from previous surgeries so I am not loaded up on that. Pray this stays under control because there is no fun in yacking with a drain in and also it wipes my energy out which thwarts the timeline we had in place for the mandatory shower we have to do today.

So this is just a quick update for focused prayers. I will get a more detailed update done tonight or tomorrow after the shower. I'm actually looking forward to the shower (that's a first!) simply because I am ready to get out of this vest since it is aggravating my sensitive skin. And as promised, I will try to capture some pics that I missed taking the previous 5 surgeries. For those of you facing this in your future, pictures are a way better descriptor than words.

As always, thanks for your pushing me from behind. The hill is so easily traversed with all of you in tow.

No comments: