August 11, 2015 - A near case of community puker

Everything is on about a 2 second delay. You speak your sentence to me, 2 seconds later I hear the first word, but by then you have finished the sentence and I missed the rest of it. You ask a question. I know what you asked, but it takes me 2 seconds to figure out the words I need to respond. Blog posting takes forever with more "backspaces" that progress forward. I'm simply slow to do anything. You can forget multitasking. It doesn't exist right now, though I am an expert at mutitasking, and multitasking well. But the art form is lost on me today. The record speed is stuck on wobbly slooooowww mmmoooootttiiiiooonnnn.

I'm blaming the poor sleeping last night. I started out in the bed and slept a few hours, then stared at the ceiling a few more hours, then navigated myself into the floor beside the bed ( a sight!) nestled between 3 pillows, on one pillow, and with my knees over 2 pillows where I got a few more hours. Then, neglected to remember that getting onto the floor is fine, but having to get up off the floor without using your arms is a whole other ordeal. I want you to try it. I should have thought that through better in foresight, instead of the comedy that would ensure in hindsight. Go ahead. Mentally strap your arms to your side. Start standing up. Lower yourself down onto your back and then roll onto your a"safe side" and get back up again. You will cheat, as I do, and use at least your right elbow and left palm for 3 seconds while trying to convince yourself and your husband watching that you didn't. The alternative is spending the next 2 months stuck on the floor. Now imagine all of that that with a drain in your side and stitches in your chest. And the urgency of needing to empty your bladder. Really, that just really makes it more delightful. No laughing in the process, that creates a bigger ordeal and a mess to clean p when you couldn't get up quick enough for the potty break. It's crucial you stay purposeful and driven. ; )

I can also blame the anti-nausea medication. The heaving returned full force this morning almost immediately after waking up on the floor this morning. We sat down to empty the breast drain and in under 5 seconds flat I was in full abdomen heaves and this wave of nausea continued for 3 hours. At one point, I was laying naked on the bottom of the tub in 6 inches of water (after having finished a sponge bath) while holding a puke bucket. Another sight to behold. Moving made it worse, laying in water made me ...well it made me clean and that just needed to happen. Then noon came around and 2 anti-nausea doses later and I was semi-good to go again. That's how it rolls. Come on super quick and stay an hour or stay all day and then be gone almost as quickly as it came. There is no gradual onset/offset. It's WHAM! Full steam impact.  I wanted so very much to be good for today since yesterday was such a great day. My parents and sister (oh the excitement!) were coming for a quick lunch with me and I really needed to be great. Well, I settled for not puking at least while they were here. My sister is a community puker, so it would have been quite the disaster had I wretched in her presence. Blessings that both I and my sister maintained our stomach contents and now that they are gone, I am hoping the evening remains uneventful.

In summary.....everything on a 2 second delay, severe nausea, heaving, naked in a tub holding a bucket, lunch without puking, now on the sofa for the rest of the day. Re-do with anticipated improvement planned for tomorrow. The roller coaster of post surgery with Sally.

Tomorrow is the followup appointment with Lead Plastic Surgeon. After a little show and tell, the drain coming out! I'm super grateful! Though, I truly hate the moment around removing the drain. Clip the stitch and yank out the tube. All 3+ feet of it (how they get so much tube coiled up in a small space I will never understand). I don't love it. I don't watch it. I sit on the exam table singing twinkle twinkle little star. But I am ready for the other side of the drain. Get it out! Only a small bit of hyperventilation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're such a good writer : )
Sorry you're having another icky day of nausea. Ugh, that's awful : (

Sally McCollum said...

People tell me that, Megan, but it's just what's in my head. So maybei just think well. =) Hugs and love and hope to see you again soon! I enjoyed the visit.