April 9 and 10, 2013 - More updates



April 11: Somehow we accomplished last night. There was a learning curve. 3 hours of infusions. Had dinner at 9:15, in bed around 11. Too much! Got my infusions going this morning and now I'm bleeding from my central line. Health nurse coming to check it out. Not alot of blood at all, but some and there should be none. Maybe i should have stayed inpatient. Sure would have been easier on Ron and I. (now have new sympathy for my kiddos at work who do this around the clock) And then there is boob 2.2 that's still swollen and funny looking. Are we supposed to have football shaped boobs? The stitches gross me out. Come on 2 weeks. Come quickly.

April 10:  My kidney marker is still falling (serum crestinine 1.3) which is great news and I'm cleared to go home today. Just finished changing the dressing on my central line and now waiting for the surgeon to come take my breast drain out. Then i should be on the road. I may need one of you to bust into my bedroom once or twice each hour tonight so we feel like we are still here. Sleep deprived for sure. Wish us luck with the antibiotics. I've got my sister on speed dial.

April 10: The blessings keep coming. The nasty drain that I so very much detest is coming out today! Good riddance, sucker! Now I a chew toy to bite down on when they actually pull it. Content Truelove I think a bundle of twizzlers will do the trick just fine.

April 9: Headed home tomorrow. Nephrology doesn't have a cause for the kidney issues but they think it's short term and already improving, so we are released to our own doings tomorrow. Figuring out the med dosing tonight then we will be back to home. Wow, what was supposed to be a little check up, turned in to a 5 night hospital stay, a good bye boob #2, hello boob #2.2, welcome crazy med schedule, try to... balance that with what was already crazy, other wise normal Friday. To quote my nurse "enough is enough". So there you go. We are out of here sometime tomorrow. Then, we navigate the waters of antibiotics at home and a crazy schedule when we throw in work Whenever that comes. God is good. A big hill for me, simply part of his plans for Him. I shouldn't be grumpy. I should be 100% knowledge of this would all work out from the very beginning. And look at that, just as always, it did. And a new addition to the family (2.2) for fun. See you on the other side

April 9: Frustrated! Breath in, breath out. Trying to coordinate going home. We think everything we are doing here can be done at home, just a few logistical things to workout with home health and monitoring things to occur. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit the crazy antibiotic schedule into my life schedule. Particularly when back to work. Breath in, Breath out. One more time, breath in, breath out.

April 9: Nephrology came by - they are trying to figure out the kidney issues. They may want to do one more test and if that is the case I will stay inpatient until tomorrow. If they don't need that test, I might can go late tonight. Home health in the works and everyone between surgery, nephrology, and infectious disease is working on the plan. Cause you know I have to have a plan. The great news is that boob 2.2 is hanging in there like a champ! Now to make Ron a health care champ as well. Wonder how he will do with line care training.....I fear a line care spreadsheet will be my future if he has anything to do with it. Light-at-end-of-tunnel!

No comments: