Sept 14, 2012 - Day # 37 -See Spot...grow?

Day 37: The all consuming new spot (see previous blog post), is rallying up in protest of the extensive cleaning regimen. I fear he is outsmarting us. Last night when Ron went to investigate and clean the spot, he noticed it might be looking a little larger and more irritated. This is NOT what we were going for. We decided we should probably start collecting real data by measuring it. (4 x 2 on some sort of unrecognizable engineer ruler Ron has). He also had the brilliant idea of taking a super close up picture of it so I could see it without freaking out from the impostor boob scar. Let's just say, after seeing it I no longer like Barkley, and it's apparent Barkley hates me. I'm stripping him of his adorable Great Dane name. "Spot" is all he gets now. I really need him to go away...and soon before other trouble sets in.

Back to work on Monday for a full 8 hour day in the office. I worked some from home yesterday and today to try and ease myself back.  It's definitely going to require a good amount of transitioning from me. I think that's all I have to say about this right now. Adjusting.


Some random thoughts from this week since this is a short update:
  • After some dinner with friends the other night, I realized I'm not the only one critical of myself. We were laughing about how two have noticed their youthful acne has returned, another wants a more perky chest, another thinks her face has aged 10 years in 1 month, another marvels at how her kids now out run her in a sprint. We all complain of heat surges and think we are entering menopause. I guess the troubles of women in their late thirties is uniform. They made me swear to change their names if they showed up in an update- so here's to you Bertha, Frances, and Ethel. = ) With much love, Syvia.
  • Since moving my updates from facebook to this blog, I am truly missing the back and forth dialogue from you all. It felt more like an informal sharing of each others stories than a monologue to an empty screen. While there is some personal comfort in the empty screen, the encouragement from you and hearing your own stories as a reader is greatly missed.
  • When I head back to work, I'm going to miss my tattoo parlor hours I've been keeping. Not setting an alarm every day really works for me on just about every level.
  • Happy to report my pain level is down to a 2-3 out of 10 as long as I am not driving or manipulating the wound. I have been really looking forward to that! My surgeon and I were laughing that we should change the pain scale from numbers (2 out of 10) to a scale of smiling boob faces instead. You would rate a frowny boob up to an ecstatic boob. These are the things mastectomy patients talk about after reconstruction. It's inevitable.
  • Lastly, I'm intrigued that someone in Russia is following my updates (Along with canada, germany, tanzania, great britian, and mexico). I think know everyone except for maybe my Russian and German reader. I'd love to hear from you and find out more about you.

No comments: