Sept 2, 2012 - Day # 25 - Hurdles

Day 25 additions: This morning, I lined up my hurdles of what still had to be done.

Put on my clothes BY MYSELF.
Go to the bathroom BY MYSELF.
Apply deodorant (it's the little things in life).
Dry my own hair.
Use my right arm to scratch my left elbow.
Fix myself lunch.
Fix my family dinner.
Lift something heavier than 3 pounds.
...

Drive ANYWHERE from here to there.
Sit at a desk comfortably for at least an hour.
Sleep in a normal Sally position.
Put on something other than pajamas (for the love of mankind and fashion entrepreneurs everywhere).
Return to work (sigh).
Accept my boobs as mine and loving every lump and bump.
And anything else I'm forgetting.

Well, I am happy to report that yesterday I went to the potty all by my little lonesome. Mom must be beaming with pride that I'm now potty trained. All of you mothers of toddlers, I now understand your plight. But do I get a sticker or coin for my piggy bank. No!

This morning, I myself took off my sleep shirt and put on my very own tshirt for the day. (Don't tell Lead Plastic Surgeon. He wanted me to wait a few more days to tackle this.) Insert sticker chart again.

And my neighbors are ecstatic to report Sally's underarm is now boasting a brand new aroma of chamomile and lavender. The entire neighborhood is no doubt celebrating my triumph. I may be able to now resume dinner out with pals. (You know who you are....Sarah, Kristy, Leigh, GNO folks.)

This coming week, I'm going to be on my own during the day (that's our goal anyway), so I imagine there may be a breakfast and lunch preparation in my future. Premade guacamole and chips, anyone? Remember, no judgment.

Drying my hair is a huge motivator. Thus nappy mane that only slightly resembles hair had become my new trade mark. And I'm aware hats are only so becoming after 3 weeks. Ask Ron.

So, I have my goals cut out for me. Updates from the boob front: the pain is now tolerable. The stiffness not do overwhelming, and the swelling now enhancing instead of distracting. But the lumpiness still an eye sore. Will I ever get used to the appearance?

Appt still set for Wednesday of next week. Wonder if I will get to be the driver. Doubtful, but maybe. Hope, right?

No comments: