Day # 13 - Princess Sally (posted out of order)

Some positive comical vibes to keep us going: Ron and my sister have resorted to calling me "princess sally".
(no irony lost on me since the name Sally actually does mean "princess"). I'm thankful my mom has stuck with plain ole sally. I guess a woman who actually needs upwards of 11 pillows in the bed to get comfortable deserves a little name calling. Of note, I only require two under normal circumstances. Add to those 11 pillows a face mask and ear plugs, and I'm a slumbering site to behold. Picture me sitting straight up in a chair to eat dinner. Such is the position to be achieved for sleeping. But I'm adamant about sleeping in the bed for normalcy (vs the chair). But seriously, what is normal about that position? It's the only way I can keep the pressure of the drains at a minimal. No doubt an intruder would be frightened out of his shoes if he walked in to find that scene in the middle of the night. But princess Sally needs her beauty sleep just like the next gal.

Today, we washed my hair in the kitchen sink. A dining room chair. Two pillows to sit on. Three towels. Ron's entire arm under my head for cushion- his arm more wet than my head. Mom up to her elbows in soap suds. Oliver, the cat, trying to partake in the festivities. Then comes the blow dryer and 3 brushes.

Shall we start talking about pajamas and sponge baths? In the past 5 days, I've been through as many if not more sets of pajamas. A gal deserves her comfort right? And what is more comfy than fresh pjs? Then there is the munchies every two hours with pain meds. So three title "her highness" may carry some merit, I suppose. Or we can blame the medications.

Wonder how shoulder massages can be worked in to the daily schedule?

"Ron, where are you???? I have an idea...

No comments: